A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Step One: Maze Entrance: An Intro

Who created this maze? Well at 23, that is known, but can't be fully answered. I'm far from where I expected to be in life. For good reasons and some bad. I'm a person I could never have imagined or dreamed of. There are so many things in my life that shows that life.....is unexpected and can not be planned....and that is what I love about the future. You can't plan it....but no matter the present...you can make your own future. So how are things off....:

For starters, I thought I would have been dead, in jail, or just another hoodlum on the block right about now. I was born in Jamaica and lived in a tiny hut on a farm. Came to America and went stupid. Rebelled against my parents at first. Started out a delinquent, moved to chilling on the block and fighting whoever came to the table, then to being a gang banger and doing whatever was needed....even robbing people that didn't deserve it. So why didn't that predicted future actually happen?? I have some great people around me. They helped to mold my mind into what it needed to be for me to branch out into the world. From getting nothing but tough love from my family to sports coaches that took me off the street and then to friends that were headed in the right direction in life.

Religion.....I'M SUNNI MUSLIM lol. I NEVER saw that coming. I was raised in a Strict Christian upbringing. I remember making Muslims jokes with everyone else. I remember telling myself they lived horribly and I could never do it. Read the Autobiography of Malcolm X....then researched Nation of Islam...then traditional Islam...then read the Quran...Now....I'm living the life. Happy I am too. So many things wouldn't be the same in my life if I didn't convert. People look at me and think about my education and my background...but the Man I actually am today...that's because of Islam. It's why when females try and talk to me about being Christian in order to be with them...I laugh. Because the man they love or want to be with....was created from Islam...so its ironic they would want me to change.

Also didn't see myself being single at this point. Engaged to the high school sweetheart (but didn't plan to marry till a couple years after college) and broke things off after I felt as if I couldn't trust her when we became long distance. Next real relationship....people (my mosque, my religious teachers, friends, both our families, and everyone that knew the both of us) expected us to just get married down the line. But why didn't it happen? I wasn't happy and didn't want an unhappy life in the long run. So right now...there are a few young women that have caught my attention...but one special one in particular. She's not close to me at all...and having no car doesn't help lol...but right now...all I want to do is be her friend and introduce her to......Me. And if she sees what she has been searching for, then the rest is a destined future. If not...then we could still be friends. I think she is a wonderful person in more ways than one. Plus...I'm not ready for marriage at all lol. I want to just date and see what happens from there. So there is no rush in my life for anything. Like taking things 1 step at a time.

Location....I never saw Michigan coming at all. Freshman year my plan after college was to travel the world with one of my closest friends....never happened as you can see from me typing this up. Were going to road trip across the U.S. then to South America....then Europe and wherever the wind took us. Then as years went on...I planned on staying in Albany, NY. Had a job, friends, and a life. I wasn't worried about locations because of my skills and talent, and only need a place to start my career. BUT....a young lady* caught my eye and my plans were set to Atl. Long story short...I stayed in NY and weeks after graduating...I got a call from a great company and here I am now. No matter how many jokes I make about Michigan and the people here...I actually like it. Its good for me. But don't plan on staying here for good.

I guess that kinda leads to a couple things........my job (I NEVER saw myself EVER working for this company, its a dream I get to live out), family and friends (I'm away from Everyone I really know for the first time in my life. Sometimes it's cool, and other times it sucks. Especially when I see their events or plans on Facebook), lifestyle (Was always ambitious, but never thought I would live so comfortable at such a young age), and my mind (i have come to realize so much about myself in 2010 and expect in 2011 to learn even more).

So what can I say other than...welcome. Hope you enjoy. What to expect? Well I have a million and one opinions on things. So I guess.....my views and opinions.....helpful hints into the maze.....and a hopefully something that will inspire/entertain/help/motivate/and a number of other words lol.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a journey! Interesting maze indeed. I look forward to learning a little more :-)

    ReplyDelete