A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Friday, February 11, 2011

Lost Yet?: Detroit Detroit Wherefore Art Thou Detroit?

I hear about this place all the time now. Whether its one of the females I'm talking to about something or some part or Twitter or just about an every day topic. Do I care about Detroit? No. The place means nothing to me. I never even been there. But yet I hear it roll off tongues and appear in front of my eyes so many times. Its one of those things you never thought about....then when its in your life....it pops up in your life from other people all the time. Like that new red car you just bought....not everyone drives one.

Will I head there some day? Yes. BUT...I will need a tour guide. Not saying its a horrible place, but the risk of danger is high. So why would I wander in there not knowing a thing? So I could get shot and someone has to tell my mother? Oh heck no. But Detroit....you and I will meet some day. We shall. After all the commercials, the music, and the random statements I have seen involving you.....my curiosity cannot help but want to meet thee. Due time my vague friend.

1 comment:

  1. So sad that this is the impression you've been given of Detroit. At least you're honest.

    ReplyDelete