A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Right Turn...Trap. Left Turn..Worse Trap: Could It Be?

My brother simulated into society pretty well coming from the background we have. But my sister and I....no so much lol. Her and I were definitely the ones more concerned about social issues and bent on straying away from certain things. My sister use to tell me growing up that people called her boujie because of the way she acted. And if you know my sister....you could see it a mile away lol. But as I got older...I see it in myself also. Not too many people ever called me that word, but there were other ways that made me see it. The most important being my own self evaluations.

I wold have conversations and debates with people and the things I would say were either facts or my personal opinions/beliefs. The problem...when discussing Black Society...the number of bad would outweigh the good. Now I can go on for days and make bullets of all the things that were said.......wait...ok....I'll give a few lol. I can only wait on the debates this will muster....but remember....I don't say these are facts, my opinions and what I have seen in my life and in society.

[Warning: The are not covering all people in black society, but general statements about select groups]

  • The need for black people to want to spend all their money on things that are not important when their funding is limited anyways. Now we all like looking good and being presentable, but if you are making minimum wage or no job at all with bills backed up....what the heck are you doing going out to buy new Jordans?  If you call yourself an adult...why is half your check going to clothes and meaningless crap? My last official girl was broke all the time, but when she would get her checks...she would go buy new sneakers...then wonder why she was broke. Then people want to go on and wonder why they don't improve in life.
  • We all know that its mostly white people that are on welfare....but what is with black people and getting public assistance period? Just because one race uses one aspect of assistance more means nothing. And yes...some people truly need it. But a lot really don't. Like I said before, when we first came to America, we live in a basement with 5 people...then the projects and still poor....we never took government assistance. What did we do? We did without whatever we didn't have. I'm not saying everyone has to or can...I'm saying the people that have jobs and can afford to live alright if they worked on their finances....should not be on assistance. I hate seeing my taxes go to people that don't truly need it. And people all over act like its something that is ok or normal.....no...its not. It should be an absolute last resort. Then the same people complain about government playing too big a role in their daily lives.
  • Next we have the loud people. The people that embarrass me when in public. Don't even know them or hang around them, but they are so loud they make all of our race look bad. And God forbid if they are cursing nonstop for no reason or just setting the black community back 20 years with the topics and things they say. Makes me sick. Especially on the bus or train while they are loud on their phone or to their loud friends.
  • Last one that I am stating here...the social norms of the black community. From the N word automatically talking about a guy and the B word automatically talking about a female to the black communities almost automatically meaning its violent. Then include the over sexualized community and you have a recipe for disaster.
But end of the day, while I can go down a list of things I hate....I can also go down a list of my loves. I hate these stereotypes (some actually being fact). Nevertheless, I love my race and who I am. If you know me, then you know how ethnocentric I am. But this world is going nowhere fast and its sad to see it happen.

Where will the black community be when Waka Flaka is feeding his thoughts and views into our kids. That's right. Subliminal messages. Dont exist? Listen to a love song after a heart break. Listen to rock music at a club. It alters your emotions and can work in the long run. But where will black people be if the road we go down continues? And will I end up being seen as boujie because I refuse to live a life like that?

Eddie Griffin said it well.....there are the black people that are posh and educated.....and then you have Ni**as.

    1 comment:

    1. I agree 99.5% of this post. In my experience I've noticed the exact same things.

      ReplyDelete