A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Make Smart Decisions: Who's Right If Anything?

So...minutes ago...I had a debate with someone. They work in retail and randomly popped up and said they don't understand why people that have wealth are so cheap...and the ironic thing is that earlier today I watched a documentary talking about the wealthiest 1% of America. Also ironic because of my last post. So what did we debate over? The concept of spending money repeatedly compared to large expenses.

Now she admit that poor people spend more than rich people....but can you stop and see the problem with that right there?? Poor People........Spend More..........than Rich People. She pointed out that spending $200 on sneakers every two weeks when you get a pay check is alright and better than spending $1,000 on a HDTV, which is equivalent to her 5 paycheck periods. But there are other factors involved here.

  1. That HDTV will last me for years.
  2. The more sneakers you buy, the less you wear them overall....making it kind of pointless.
  3. I can go and sell my TV for a good amount of money....you'll only throw out your sneakers or be forced to donate them.
  4. If you have a personality to go and just spend money....chances are its more than just sneakers you're going out to buy. You need the clothes to go with those sneakers. Things to take care of them. And the money to go out places and have fun.
  5. We can go back to my last post....and when you see me buying something new and expensive....you're going to look on and be jealous of the money I have....when it could have been equal to all the money you spent.
So what is the problem here??  Its plain and simple. The more you go out and spend.....the less money you will end up having. The less money you have.....the less things you can go out and have. Its not a hard concept lol. I was talking to a friend of mine and we agreed on something....we worked at an amusement park together and each brought home about $600 every two weeks. Problem is that neither one of us have anything to show for it. Why? Because we went and spent it all on stupid things that we can't even remember or have now. This is the problem with so many. But never would you see me arguing that saving your money is the bad way to go.

Do I think people are different and can spend their money as they choose? Yes. Do I think some things are stupid to always buy? Hell yes. That same friend that I worked with....he said I was never the type to buy clothing. I was the guy to buy electronics. Which is completely true. But then when I would buy my electronics and come around....people were jealous or looked at me funny. Funny thing is....they would go and spend more than I would on clothes and shoes in a month, than I paid for whatever I had cost me.




Moral Of The Story......Spend All Your Money....You'll End Up Poor And Without......Then Having Nothing To Show For It.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment