A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Understand Where You Stand: My Support System

I advocate everyone to get a supporting cast. Whether they are all on your level or better than you. But get a team. Someone to be in your corner at all times and have internal competitions with. I love my team and my family. They help me so much....mostly in ways they don't even know about.

My Team
Made up of 5 other guys that I met and grew up with from high school. We all kept in contact, most of which has been through Facebook and by phone. I don't remember the official start of my team, but very happy at how things turned out for us. Titus, is a Project Manager at CBS and handles all new shows and pilots. Brennan has his degree in Criminal Justice from RIT and shipping off to the Air Force in the next two months. Branden is a father of two and working as an Electrician in Manhattan/Queens. Ilbert, the latest addition, has his degree and going for another in Graphic Design at FIT, a brother of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., doing freelance graphics for companies and currently interning with a company in Manhattan. Michael, he's finishing up his degree in Accounting/Economics at Univ of Buffalo and working at HSBC handling the bills and claims processed by his sector. And me.....I'm just me lol. No worries about that. But I love those guys. They give me the much needed competition and reminders I need that success is not given, but earned.


My Family
My sister is cut throat. She will be the first to tell you about yourself. She will bite her tongue for no one. Man....Woman....Groups of people....officials....my sister will not back down from you....even though she's just 5'5 or something lol. But I love that about her. She has multiple degrees in the field of biology and working as a study coordinator for cancer research at a well known hospital in New York City. My brother also has multiple degrees in Sociology and Radiology (which he tried to convince me to get into). He's a hustler and a hard working man. He took me under his wing growing up and was a father to me. Taught me most of the lessons I know today....even the ones I had to burn my hand to have it really set in. But he's a radiologist at another well known hospital in New York City. My eldest sibling....I didn't fully grow up with him since he wasn't always around. But he is one of the smartest people I know.....wait.....correction...he is the smartest person I know lol. He told me many things growing up that I didn't want to listen to because we are in separate generations, but as time went on....I learned how much I should have listened and learned. The great thing is....I have him in my life to help me grow in my career and with my financial decisions in life. He has about four degrees. A degree from college in Jamaica (our home country and where we were all born), two degrees in Industrial Engineering, and his MBA. So of course he went from being an engineer and working for top companies to landing in Oregon. I don't know when...since it was news to me....but he went and converted over to the field of marketing. I respect it completely and wish him the best. I definitely want my finances like his though. I even finally told him of a internal competition I have with him. Basically....I want to start making 6 figures before he did it. My aim....when I'm 30. Wish me luck. 

And don't be confused, everyone in this picture has angered me in some way shape or form, but the main point is that they stuck by me and I stuck by them. My Team and My Family........it shouldn't make you feel any other way than angry. Why anger? Either because you don't have a support system like mine and you feel you need to beat me out.....OR....you feel yours is better and feel you need to put me even further behind you in the race to success and just shut me up. You choose. But I'm just here to inspire.



No comments:

Post a Comment