A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Do You Really Want To Make That Turn: The Single Mothers Story

No....no....no....this is not going to be about how much anger I have for single mothers. I actually have a lot of admiration for the single mothers THAT ARE DOING A GOOD JOB. Its a tough job being a parent much less a single one. I know there is a lot of self conflict that can come up with a child for not having a mother or father in their life, but for the people that are out there doing it, doing it right, and then on top of that not leaving the child with any internal scars.....thank you. I love seeing people battle against statistics and "Rules" to be a standout. Great job to you guys.

What this is about though is my thoughts on dating a single mother. The Good.....The Bad.....and The Ugly. That's what I think of it. I mean come on now, I am 23 and would like to meet a good young woman, but so many of the females I am seeing have kids already. Nothing wrong with making the decision to have a child. Children are blessings. Thank you for giving life and doing what God wanted you to do (BUT ONLY THE GOOD MOTHERS). But there is a lot that comes with that child and I have met a lot of single mothers that are holding up the true title of Woman...while handling their business as a mother.....BUT are single at the end of the day. Maybe its because some guys feel the way I do. How do I feel? Well let me share....

The Good
From the females that I have met, they are ready to settle down and have a full family together. Why do they make this decision? I guess because they still want that FULL family feel. Which I can't blame. We all want that at the end of the day. You hear females scream that they can be a single parent and be set for life.....that's her really screaming....I'm angry I dont have the father her....but she wants a good man in the picture. So if a guy is ready to start a family (this one is instant family), be a part of one....or even find a woman that has the traits he would want the mother of his kids to have (which she should have by now as a mother already) then its great for him.

The Bad
A lot of things can just not be right. The kids might not like the guy. The friends might feel a strong connection with the situation the woman is in and might not approve of the guy period. The man might not want to take on such responsibilities as yet in his life. He could want to start his own family instead of jumping into one already up and running. The concepts and situations with this situation can be bad in many ways.

The Ugly: My opinion on the matter when it comes to me in that situation
Unless there are certain things covered....I refuse to be in that situation. One of the more important....how much is the father of the kids in the life. Lets be real about this....having a child together is a life long connection. No matter what happens with the child or the relationship between the two partners. And a lot of the time.....when a person has a child with someone else....they feel as if that person still kinda belongs to them. So the chance of them having sex even if they are not in a relationship is higher than if he was just some guy the female dated. If there is no sex, there is still the chance of drama. I stay away from drama. I'm too young to stress about anyone or anything. I like just living my life. Another issue for me...we are starting a relationship and getting to know one another....and a child just adds to the complication. The "Getting to know you period" is sensitive enough without any other factors. I rather not deal with that. And the last of the top issues I have with it....I don't want to have to deal with a child right now. Some females don't want you being a father figure anyways, but I would still have to be around the child some time. I love children, but not trying to have to deal with that in my life right now. Rather keep things simple and easy and see where it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment