A Maze You'll Enjoy

A Maze You'll Enjoy
Complicated Minds Are The Most Entertaining

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Did You Really Enter The Maze?: The Lal Bihari Experience

So I know its been forever, and I just got out the gym, but I thought it was about time I wrote a new post. Like always, my mind has tons of things to talk about, but I slack when it comes to actually putting it all out there. So here I am...A friend of mine and a reader of this blog told me about a topic she wanted me to cover. What is it? Lal Bihari. I know what you're thinking...who or what is that lol. Well I didn't know at first either. And I think she did it in order to see how my mind will attack suck a thing. Or maybe just to open up the idea to you guys.

Lal Bihari was a simple farmer with an outrageous story. Where does it really start? With his own uncle paying off some government official in India to write him off as deceased in order to get his land lol. Of all things. And he didn't even know until he hit up a bank for a loan. Imagine that conversation lol. I would have been in shock and aw...after causing a riot of course and starting a fire of course. So what did he do? He did something that I feel only a few people would do...he didn't go after his uncle to kill him or go to the police as the only resort....he started the Association of the Dead (Mritak Sangh). It was a coalition of people that this very same thing happened to. Maybe not for the reason of land or officials being paid off, but it had a hundred members when he started, and now has over twenty thousand.

What the hell has to be going on in India for that to be happening lol. First thing an American would be thinking...well they have an unorganized system and so many people, its easy to see how people can easily go missing or "dead" lol. Well it is what i was thinking about. I mean, how the heck would I feel if I was "dead" and walking around thinking everything was fine....wait....you know what that means....no school loans lol. I would do it. In. A. Heart. Beat. But then again I wouldn't have the ability to vote (while Bihari actually ran in an election to prove he was alive).

I guess this just shows us something...when the world gives you lemons...you organize all the lemon holders and fight against the powers that allowed you to be given those damn lemons to begin with lol. find a way to make the best of it (not going to say lemonade since its hard to make a good lemonade). I must say though...you have to respect a man that wouldn't stop trying. Especially when his death can only be categorized at some time within a 18 year span.

This is the face of a man that literally faced death and won lol

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, when I read about the article all I could think was...we are so damn lucky to live in America! This injustice would never stand in America, that's one more person walking around not paying taxes! :) Another thing...say this guy killed like 17 people, in one of those dry Indian summer rages, and even created a mosaic out their bodies...could this guy have gotten prosecuted as a dead man? How the hell would that fly in court. " Your honor, how could my client have ever committed these heinous acts if he has been dead for the past 10 years? "

    And amen to the student loans! When I was in still in college I researched faking my own death, and I thought I was going to go through with it after college. Now student loans are the LEAST of my worries. Medical Insurance deductibles are Far Worse! and screw a car note!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol true. And honestly, I wanted to get into more about this, but there was the issue of making it way too long and I wanted to get out as much information as possible without making it just about information lol.

    And least you have two people paying those things off. But don't get into the two income trap.

    ReplyDelete